Friday, February 24, 2012

A Leg Up On The Competition/ Sort of (Warhound Titan Update)

  Hello people, since I last posted about my DIY Warhound Titan, I've gotten a lot of hits on the blog, and a lot of curiosity from everyone surrounding me.

  Recently I believed I had a LEG up on the competition, but my structure was not stable, I was using the wrong kind of glue and just not being thorough enough, it was a bitch putting on the pistons on the toes and feet so I decided to tear most of it down and re-do it, I have now pinned all the pistons and used plastic welder on all the parts, I assume that the feet are the most difficult parts because they are the most intricate, so from now on everything should go a little faster.  here is an update picture I took on my cellphone today, enjoy.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You will accept "The Feet"

  I don't know how many of you avid 40 Kayers out there ever dabbled in the offshoot game Epic Warhammer 40K,  back in the day when you had the miniatures you had and that was it, the only way to really get to play those huge battles they wrote so much about was to switch the scale from 28mm to 6mm.

Though it was fun I never really liked painting at that scale for the lack of detail, and my friends and I always used to imagine what it would be like to have Titans in the larger scale...  now that I got back in the Hobby I find that Forge World has been selling Titans and super heavy vehicles for several years.

   Forge World Titans look amazing!!!!  but the price is quite prohibitive for my bank account, I found a great alternative though, I actually found some plans on the internet on how to build your own out of cardboard, I just happened to use styrene sheet. let me know what you think about it, and if any of you know how to make the bolts/screws/rivets on the armor/armour plates.

  Without further ado, here are the feet for my Warhound Scout Titan, it's all I have so far, enjoy.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The A-Team Razorback (WIP)

As you can see from my previous post I have a Razorback that I wanted to paint, I thought I was being smart by painting it a military color with some red on it to make it Blood Angelish, but I was simply not satisfied with the end result.  So I decided to repaint it, again not wanting to make it all red, but also not wanting to make it like a death company Razorback.   So I decided on a classic look with red & black, the van from The A-Team.

 I started a 6 man Tactical squad that includes Sergeant John Hannibal Smith, B.A. Baracus, Murdock, Face, and 2 MPs,  I am using regular marines except for BA which is actually an OOP pre-heresy marine, I will try to make each one representative, but in the future I will start from scratch to build or convert a new set.

So here is the basic paint job before details, (since this picture I've darkened the black and gray areas) enjoy.

If you're even in trouble, and you need help, maybe you can call them...